Tuesday, November 18

II - About Love to the land one's born

Here I am, an adulterer before you, my life. One day you took me to the altar with your best formal dress. I swore eternal love to you under a linen and shroud flag, the victor's mourning. You didn't give me the chance to choose. A hand that wasn't mine brought your chin to me, and when you kissed me you didn't realize that it wasn't me who was kisssing you back. My path was decided. Now I look at you and I still love you, but without nostalgia. Along the way, others offered the hospitality of their blankets to me, their dawns' warmth, the inviting smell of their kitchens. I 've brought you inside of me. Despite my unfaithfulness, I've been loyal. Unconditionally, I've gone to sleep in some bedchambers and woken up in others. Whenever I laid my hat I shared you without realizing that you were sharing me too, whether you wanted to or not. Without guilt, I can't offer what a part of you is asking of me. Understand that if someone calls me I should go, the same as when you used to call me. I won't allow you to lock the door, I won't withstand the egomaniacal chants of your greatness, despite the fact that you gave me more than the others did. I love you,... but I do it in my way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Damn boyee,
that gave me chills!
Sounds really good.